Bid Harvest is an online platform that connects buyers seeking to fulfill specific product needs with suppliers of interior finishing supplies and products (collectively, the “Services”), which Services are accessible at http://www.bidharvest.com and any other websites through which Bid Harvest makes the Services available from time to time (collectively, the “Website”). The Website and Services are owned and operated by Marketplace Procurement Solutions Inc. (“us”, “we”, “our”).
1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is defined as information that can identify an individual and information about an identifiable individual, which means a person can be identified by the information either directly or in combination with other information.
2. Collection of Personal Information
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you use our Services, register for an Account, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your Account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Personal information that we may collect may include:
- Identifying information such as your name, address(es), telephone number(s), or email address(es) when you register for an Account,
- Bidding, buying, or selling information you provide and Member Content that you submit, post, or publish,
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your Account as a result of creating or responding to a Listing,
- Financial and billing information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with your Account,
- Any other information you provide us through a web form, by updating or adding information to your Account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services, and
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
3. Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to:
- Provide, improve, and personalize our Services,
- Communicate with you about your Account and our Services,
- Provide you with customer service,
- Provide you with personalized advertising and marketing communications,
- Detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities, and
Security and Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed Accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any Fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
In recognition of our legal obligations to protect your personal information, we have made arrangements to protect against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction of personal information.
Notwithstanding the above, we do not store your financial or billing information. When you submit your credit card information to us, it is transmitted directly to our payment processor, Stripe, which is a PCI DSS compliant Level 1 Service Provider.
Location of Servers
We may create, maintain, and archive information on servers that are not located on our immediate premises and are located in Canada or the USA. Please be advised that a foreign government may be able to access data relating to you or your Account, including your personal information, for lawful access purposes. If you continue to use the Website or Services, you consent to us creating, maintaining, and archiving information on servers located on a third party’s premises within Canada and in the USA.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties without further notice to you. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with applicable laws. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property or rights or the property or rights of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable laws.
- Service Providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
7. Consent for Collection, Use, and Disclosure
9. Third Party Services
10. Withdraw Consent
11. Requests for Access and Correction
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. You can view and change your personal information by signing in to your Account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
Upon your request, we will close your Account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your Account activity and in accordance with applicable laws.